- Trim all silver-skin off the backstrap, if not done so already, and place in a zip-loc bag.
- Add enough extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar to bag to coat the backstrap.
- After grill has been prepared, remove backstrap and season liberally with your favorite steak seasoning.
- Place on the grill, cooking both sides for 5 to 6 minutes each depending on "done-ness" preference. 4 minutes was a little too rare for the wife on the thicker portion of my backstrap and an additional 2 minutes for each side resulted in a little to medium-well for my taste on the thinner portions; 5 minutes would have probably been perfect for us.
- Slice into medallions and enjoy!
We prepared zucchini and portabellas sliced, covered in balsamic vinegar and placed in aluminum foil for our side dishes and I enjoyed a glass of Duplin Winery's Scuppernog wine with the meal. All in all it was an easy night of grilling with a delicious end and I hope your results are the same.