- The blade is made of a high carbon stainless steel. This has two benefits:
1) The high carbon steel holds an edge longer.
2) The stainless portion of the mix keeps the knife from rusting.
- Handle is sturdy
- Blade holds a great edge! I carved an entire 134 pound pig without sharpening.
- A couple more inches in blade length would be nice for larger jobs, not really a Con since you can buy larger boning knives but worth mentioning that the 5-inch blade won't be the right choice for larger game. However, average size deer, etc would be a good fit!
If you do your own butchering or are just looking for a good knife for kitchen butchering then this is a good buy. We all need a few good knives and this one won't break the budget!